West Fraser is a leading forest products company in North America. Our goals are straightforward - leadership through profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.
Our Hinton Pulp Division is seeking an individual with strong leadership, planning, organization and interpersonal skills to fill the following position:
MATERIALS COORDINATOR / MRO BUYER
Reporting to the Materials and Purchasing Superintendent, the Materials Coordinator is responsible for developing and managing the supply chain process. They must ensure that production needs are met, maximum value is received, and supplier agreements are competitive in the marketplace.
Key responsibilities include:
- Accountable for all storeroom processes and decisions relating to safety, inventory control (i.e. stock, capital spares, VMI, bulk issue, vending machines, consignment), cycle counts, rebuild process, kitting and delivery, shipping and receiving, storeroom security, month end reconciliation, and standard reports
- Inventory buyer for the site
- Provide direction for optimal inventory levels, cost control & savings, risk management, process improvement & KPI targets
- Coordinate with Corporate purchasing; communicate with other divisions and Corporate to leverage buying power
- Work collaboratively with accounts payable on invoice resolution, accruals, and commitments report
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Supervise hourly group in the Stores department
- Provide leadership through the coaching of all direct reports
- Develop and document procedures and workflow processes
- Maintain the computerized purchasing and inventory control system
- Must possess, or be enrolled in, an industry recognized purchasing designation, preferably SCMP
- A minimum of five (5) years purchasing experience, preferably in a pulp mill or related heavy industry
- In-depth understanding of the supply chain process
- At least five (5) years supervisory experience
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to handle a large volume of work and manage multiple priorities
- Change Management Skills (initiating, facilitating and implementing change)
- Strong planning, organizational, and decision-making skills
- Proficiency with MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word, and Maximo
- Embody the West Fraser values of safety, teamwork, integrity, respect, humility, and frugality
Our employees drive our success.? We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career. Hinton Pulp also offers an attractive relocation package.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2? hours west of Edmonton.?? Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families.
Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s.? Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary.? To learn more, visit the Town of Hinton Web site: www.hinton.ca.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.xinkuang22.icu/jobs and then click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone enquiries please.